March 09, 2019

Rummel Ridge

Dist: 6.8km    Elev: 690m    Summit: 8067'    Time: 2.5h    Difficulty: 3/5

After a long and frigid February, the weather forecast finally promised sunny skies and tolerable temperatures for mountain adventuring. Byron agreed to join me for a quick blast up Rummel Ridge in search of a physical challenge and rewarding vistas. This trip offered both in spades. The wide and easy-to-follow trail was consistently steep right from the outset, winding through forest until finally reaching the summit ridge where spectacular views opened up in every direction. Mount Galatea towers above Rummel Lake to the east, and to the west the numerous impressive peaks of the Spray Valley could be clearly seen and admired. Also, and unusual in my personal experience, there was little to no wind for the duration of our stay on the peak making for a pleasant stop for snacks and photos. Unfortunately, I forgot to charge my camera battery after the last couple adventures so I was only able to snap a few pictures. Nonetheless, Rummel Ridge proved an excellent destination for the day and Byron and I both agreed it felt great to be back in the mountains after a month-long hibernation.

Most of the trail looks like this

Mt Galatea towers above Rummel Lake

Byron and I, pumped to be back in action! Mt. Galatea behind.

Looking west at the impressive Spray Range. Tent Ridge, last year's Bear Bait trip, can be seen to the right.

You know I'm excited when I insist on multiple summit selfies.

One last summit panorama before departing the ridge. Part of Spray Lakes can be seen to the right.


2 comments:

  1. You look pretty happy for sure. Snowshoes or just boots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My happy place for sure! We wore microspikes on our boots which proved to be the right tool for the job

      Delete